Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Special Place


When I close my eyes and smell the salty air, feeling the warm sun shining on my face, I know I’m in my special place. As soon as my toes sink into the warm sand, I begin to feel happy and relaxed. Hearing the soft splash of the water as it meets the rocky shoreline always brings a big smile to my face.

As I walk along the sandy beach, I notice the sand dunes on the left. They are dotted with wild grasses, growing like a forest. When I look closer, I can see the animal holes and wonder which animal might be living down there. I expect they come out at night when the temperature becomes cooler.

Down by the shoreline, the clear water sparkles in the sun. As it touches my feet, I feel a shiver go through me; that water is pretty cold! The whole shoreline is filled with rocks, some flat, some sharp, some big, some small, but all of them slippery! I have to be careful as I walk because falling wouldn’t be a good idea. There are some holes in the sand here, too. These, I know belong to the crabs that live there. If I watch carefully I can see them poking their heads out of their holes and running down to the water.

Suddenly, the rocks give way to a stretch of golden sand. The sea here is extra clean. No jellyfish today! My friends and I chat together as we put out our towels and sun cream. The beach umbrellas dance in the wind, trying to escape from us. As I sink down into the warm sand, I feel cozy and peaceful.

The beautiful Turtle Beach in South Lebanon is one of my favorite places in the whole world.

No comments: